Monday, December 12, 2016

The Road to Crescent City

I left Cassandra's early in the morning to visit the nearest gas station for a quick breakfast and to search for oil. No luck on the latter. I had to ride up the road about 30km to Fort Bragg where I nipped into O'Reilly's Auto Parts and purchased 2 quarts of oil. My bike drank the first quart and I kept the second for top ups.

I then hit the road north cutting out towards Drive-Thru Tree Park!  The section from Rockport to Legget was amazing! I love the coast with the beauty expanse of ocean on one side and rolling hills on the other, but riding the winding paths through the woods puts me at peace. I have the best thoughts while riding, none of which I remember when I come to rest. Maybe I don't need to, the sense of calm reflection I think held a lasting effect on me that has since worn off (6 months later I write this as Christmas approaches).








After Drive-Thru Tree Park, I hit the avenue of Giants where I shared a lunch with a fellow Alberta Motorcyclist in Miranda. He had ridden all the way from Calgary down to Arizona for a motorcycle festival and was making his way home.  After lunch I road onto the trail head for an easy walk though the woods:



Per usual, it was getting late in the day before I left the trail head to look for a place to lay my head. I got into Crescent City rather late - about 5 or 6pm. On the first Friday of Memorial Day long weekend. Rookie move! I did manage to get a room at the Ocean View Inn - the RV park would have been cheaper but oh the wind!  I negotiated with the woman at the desk and got my rate down over 40$!  I had fish and chips for dinner at a restaurant about a 25 min walk away. It was quite underwhelming. I took the evening off by watching TV and trying out the face mask I'd purchased at Sephora in San Francisco. It felt very luxurious!


No comments:

Post a Comment