Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Las Vegas

It's been over a week since the guys flew home /away, and I'm still updating you guys on what happened in Vegas! Nothing we had to leave there, except some cash!
The ride from St George to Las Vegas was brutal. The wind though the desert was awful. Have I mentioned recently how much I hate wind? Alot. I dislike it very much. Sometimes I wonder why I chose a sport that exposed me to wind. Constantly. The interstate highways always exacerbate this.
I broke off the interstate west of Vegas to ride though the Valley of Fire state Park. I would have like to try some hiking there to break up the ride but the guys were already waiting for me. I got into Vegas after them, and planned to stop by the motorcycle shop that had my new rear tire (the Tamales had convinced me I needed one, as if Mike's advice wasn't enough). The thing about being on a bike though is that directions are hard. I'm good with directions and I can usually memorise my route well enough but in the heat and with my data failed, i panicked and headed towards where the guys where at (an outlet mall!). In the end I was only about a block from the shop when I turned around. Patience is a virtue I'm still learning.
In the end, I wound up costing the guys about an 1.5 hours while I dropped my bike off for service. For this I felt guilty, so I bought a round of drinks at the Hard Rock Cafe on the strip.
We spent our first night at the Tropicana and wandered the south strip after attending a comedy club, and our second night at Bally's where we wandered the northern end. Both nights I gambled about 10$. Didn't win anything. Didn't break even. Oh well, there's my contribution to the Vegas economy. Like it needs it.
Our first day, the one at the Tropicana, we spent time at the pool chilling (aka burning) in the morning then drove to check out the Hoover dam.
The next morning the guys left early for LA. I took an uber to the shop to pick up my bike with its NEW TIRE!!!! That took absolutely no getting used to. I understand now what the guys at cycle city meant when they said my old one was planed and would ride funny. So much better! This is was corners are supposed to feel like!
I hit Macdonald's on my way out of town. The interstate between Vegas and LA was as bad as into las vegas, I had to pull over to recover from the wind. I stopped at a gas station where they were calling  numbers for shower slots. I ate something from the hot foods kiosk; not sure what but it was yummy!   I reached LA at rush hour, but the traffic, surprisingly, didn't phase me. (see next post....)

No comments:

Post a Comment